The panelists, including Dr. Donald Kaberuka, President of the African Development Bank, and Dr. Mo Ibrahim, Chairman of the Mo Ibrahim Foundation, will discuss the relevance of leadership and governance for Africa's transformation; the challenges of measuring progress in governance; and the way forward.
The session will use three country-specific case studies, drawing on evidence from the Ibrahim Index of African Governance: Mauritius, Mozambique and Liberia.
Other high level representatives speaking at the event include:
· Abdoulie Janneh, Executive Director – Liaison with Governments and Institutions in Africa, Mo Ibrahim Foundation; Former Under Secretary-General, UN and Executive Secretary of UNECA
· Nathalie Delapalme, Executive Director – Research and Policy, Mo Ibrahim Foundation
· Honorable Charles Gaëtan Xavier-Luc Duval, Vice-Prime Minister and Minister of Finance and Economic Development, Mauritius
· Honorable Manuel Chang, Minister of Finance, Mozambique
· Honorable Amara M. Konneh, Minister of Finance, Liberia
· Mr. Raju Jaddoo, Managing Director, Board of Investment, and Secretary General, Mauritius Chamber of Commerce and Industry and Industry
· Mr. Emmanuel Mbi, First Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, African Development Bank
· Dr. Aly Abou Sabaa, Vice-President, African Development Bank
The discussions will inform and advance the support of the Mo Ibrahim Foundation and the African Development Bank to Africa's transformation.